PLA Tough black 2.85mm 1kg
Prints like PLA - for technical applications!
Spectrum PLA Tough is a 3D printing consumable material, which has been specially modified. Entire modifications aimed at improvement of the properties of this material at the level of monomers, which allowed to achieve a wide range of applications. It is an excellent solution for printing functional parts with mechanical properties similar to ABS maintaining the simplicity of printing and PLA low shrinkage. Spectrum PLA Tough eliminates disadvantages of PLA and ABS. Thanks to the modification of the material's composition, it is possible to print objects of any size and on a different surface (heated bed not needed).
Used additives modified the polymer struture, which allows among others to:
- noticeable shrinkage reduction compared to Basic PLA (large volumetric printouts possible),
- improving the adhesiveness of printed elements to printbed,
- achieving higher impact strength of printed elements in comparison with their ABS equivalents,
- maintaining higher stiffness of manufactured parts than non-modified PLA,
- elimination of brittleness characteristic for 3D printed objects (as a result there is a higher adhesion between the layers),
- obtaining more matt surface compared to non-modified PLA,
- enabling wide range of post-processing of printed parts which is difficult or even impossible for non-modified PLA (3D printed objects can be grinded, milled, drilled, etc.),
- elimination of toxic and onerous vapours characteristic for ABS.
Polylactic acid is a biodegradable plastic from renewable, natural resources and has thus become the most popular material for 3D printing.
Heated bed temperatur
Due to the low warp effect is not absolutely necessary. Recommended about 35 - 60 ° C, or 3DLac or Printafix
reel hight: 70mm
Hub hole diameter: 53mm
Cool and dry (15-25˚C) and away from UV light. This enhances the shelf life significantly.
Each desktop 3D printer has its own unique characteristics, you might need to tweak around with your temperature settings a bit to obtain the best results. To obtain optimal results for your prints you need to take into account variables like your 3D printer’s nozzle diameter, your printing speed settings, and layer height.
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products: