PEI Ultem Sheet Print Surface 203 x 203mm with 3M 468MP Adhesive Tape
PEI (Polyetherimide), also known as Ultem sheets, provide a 3D printing build surface that requires no tape, slurry, or adhesive. ABS and PLA both stick extremely well to the surface, which eliminates the need for support rafts used for better adhesion. The printed 3D parts will adhere to the PEI surface on a heated bed, and it will release or pop off when cooling down.
- Great for printing ABS and PLA (along with many other materials) directly on to print surface without the need for additional adhesives or tape.
- Single 0.5mm sheet installs quickly on top of existing build platform using the 3M Adhesive Transfer Tape.
- Blue protective film guards against scratches during shipping. Remove film before using PEI sheet.
- Reuse for multiple prints, just wipe down with isopropyl alcohol between prints for best results
- Includes: 1x PEI Sheet, 1x 3M 468MP Transfer Tape
How To Use
PEI is easily cut to size by scoring with a hobby knife. Laminate your sheet of PEI using 3M 468MP Adhesive Transfer Tape that came with the PEI sheet to a glass/mirror print bed, keeping in mind that 3M 468MP is a very sticky tape that is prone to clumping. Once you have laminated your sheet of PEI onto your glass, simply re-level your print bed and print away. Parts should come free from the surface with almost no issue at all. PLA does not require heat, but turning the heated bed up to 45C helps. After the print is done, just let the plate cool down and then gently you can just “pop” the model off the plate.
Before each print, wipe your PEI surface down with 70-91% Isopropyl alcohol, to ensure that you wipe away any grease or other residues that may have accumulated on the surface. This will help increase your surface adhesion greatly.
Use isopropyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, or soap to clean your PEI after use. In other words, PEI can be cleaned through the use of Isopropyl Alcohol, which will theoretically help adhesion should you lose it.
Customers who bought this product also bought the following products:
Our previous price
Now only 35.55 CHF
you save 10 % / 3.95 CHF